RV Travel Tips
“Wherever you go, there you are.”
Just as you would book a hotel before you leave on a vacation, it’s best to make reservations for your RV trip, regardless if you’re staying at a private RV park or a campground on public property.
General travel tips
- Have a plan (and maps or a GPS). One of the reasons you’re traveling in an RV, no doubt, is for the adventure. But while the freedom to go wherever you want can be exciting, getting lost isn’t (at least for most people). You’ll cut down on frustration if you know where you’re headed. Just as you would book a hotel before you leave on a vacation, it’s best to make reservations for your RV trip, regardless if you’re staying at a private RV park or a campground on public property.
- Be prepared for anything. You should have a first-aid kit in the RV, as well as some tools for smaller repairs. And if you’re traveling a long distance, why not bring some local items from your hometown to give as gifts when you make new friends?
- Limit the driving. It’s tiring enough driving a car hundreds of miles a day, let alone an RV, so give yourself plenty of rest and don’t overdo the driving.
Where to stay
From basic accommodations to luxury RV resorts, you have many choices. Plenty of online resources have information on various parks, including the ones below:
- U.S. National Parks reservations and other public campgrounds: http://www.recreation.gov
- National Recreation Reservation Service: http://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/reservations
Wherever you stay, you’ll want to take some steps to prevent crime. RVs can be inviting targets for thieves, because they usually contain more valuables than cars. Always lock your doors when you’re away from the RV and keep valuables out of sight or locked away. If you’re parked for the night in a non-camping area, such as a parking lot, always be certain that you have permission to camp before setting up for the night and keep your door toward a lighted area.
You’ve got a summer full of fun ahead in your RV. We wish we were coming with you! Here’s hoping for smooth and safe travels. For further questions and assistance, please contact us at 1-866-727-4712 or email us 21stInsuranceAgency@21stMortgage.com